My friends SUCK HARD at being subtle. Tonight most likely is going to be my very belated b-day party because my friends -- for some odd reason -- think that it is a good idea to even celebrate my birthday. The problem is that I frankly don't give a damn about my birthday. But that's besides the point. Why do I even think there is going to be a party? Well here's the clues...
1. The Tuesday after my birthday: In one of my conversations with Komal on Facebook -- basically an insulting session against me on how I'm pissing her off for some odd reason again -- she said "oh don't worry, we're still planning something <insert evil laugh>." Subtle fail. But that's not enough of a reason for me to think "party" for today.
2. Mason: When we were planning for Anime club last week on Thursday, he made a gesture towards me with his eyes while talking to Komal saying "Do I get him or Cal...?" And Komal basically just said, "Shut up Mason." Subtle fail. I knew something was up, but not certain on what. And yes, I have the abilities of a CREEPER, but I don't use them for evil. Why do you think I wear headsets all the time? That way I don't take notice on small stuff and seem like a creeper.
3. Cal: Yes him. He merely confirmed about the Mason clue. "Oh, Saturday at 7, we're heading over to the Morse crew's place. Komal says if you're not there, she'll kill you." Subtle fail maximum pajamas. One: Our group has NEVER planned ahead for a time to hang out, EVER. It has always been a last minute thing and it annoys me simply because I never have the time when they make last minute plans. Two: "Komal says if you're not there, she'll kill you"? Really? Unless it is of utmost importance, she doesn't give a damn. Three: Why is CAL telling me this? Unless he's the one who has to make sure I am there, I doubt he has to inform me. Seriously.
4. Komal and Priya: Yesterday before club, they told me that we are going to their place at 6:30. Obviously Cal got the wrong information. But apparently this event is SO important that they had to tell me upfront? Really? Fail.
5. Morse Apartment: On the dining table desk, there was a sheet of paper of names checked off, words like "cake mix" and such. My name was not on there. That, and next to "Joey" had the word "drinks." Once Komal figured out that I spotted this paper, she snatched it away, crumpled it up, and tossed it in the trashcan. While she was "sly" saying that it was an Xmas gift checklist... that assumes that I am not getting a gift but everyone else is. Since that is not characteristic of these people... Am gonna say EPIC FAIL on them.
Those are my clues. I believe that I am correct and will unlock this entry as soon as I am either proven right or wrong. I'll post another entry right after to say "I win" or "I fail." See you then!
I was completely right. Ladies and gentlemen, behold my deductive reasoning skills!